Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tuesday February 19th

Today was my first day back on the rig since I started my program. I realized today that this will be my ultimate test of strength. On one hand this is the best place for me because I can concentrate on my workouts and not have any distractions. I guess you could say that out here I am a captive audience. The downside to being out here is all of the sweets and snack foods available. At any given time there are 4 or 5 trays of cookies laying around on the rig. There is also a bin full of cakes and pies. I gave up sweets for Lent, so those things won't be a problem. Once I got on the rig today and got settled in, I talked to Charles our cook about fixing me chicken breasts for lunch. He is going to fix me two grilled chicken breasts everyday. Today I ate two chicken breasts for lunch and about 6 large boiled shrimp. This really filled me up. I am pretty sure that my stomach has already started to shrink some, because I get full much more easily now. For dinner I had another chicken breast. I went to they gym after getting my room situated and my bed made. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill I averaged an 18 minute mile for 2.5 miles. I felt really good and after being up for almost 17 hours I was really surprised. All in all I feel really good about today and look forward to having 28 straight days of making a difference.

No comments: