Friday, February 22, 2008

Thursday February 21st, 2008

Yesterday wasn't the best day for in my quest for weight loss. I stayed hungry all day and make a concious effort to snack healthfully. I also hurt my calf muscle climbing the stairs. I don't think it's much more than a charlie horse or just a muscle strain. I didn't go to the gym so that I could give my calf time to rest and heal a bit. I elevated it and put an ice pack on it with an ace wrap. I read a quote from a book last night and I would like to reprint it here. I think alot of people will be able to relate to this. It certainly puts my fight into perspective.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit,however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with? The temporary pain or the constant reminder of failure? Facing up to that question and finding a way to go on is the real reward, better than any trophy."
Lance Armstrong-It's Not About the Bike

I think that about sums it up.

2 comments:

Bone said...

Keep it up dude, don't get to settled with the strain theres other stuff you can do. THink about the quote you posted.

Anonymous said...

The greatest trophy one can obtain is their health!

This bellydancer is searching for her pom pom's...they are here somewhere. I may have to settle and use the one's on my hip belt! Shake em up with a shimmey for ya! Boo Rah!! Rah!! Rah!!! Rah!!

La