Sunday, February 10, 2008

A new beginning for me

Welcome to my fitness journal/blog. I am starting this online journal on Monday, February 11th 2008 to help me with my progress of working out and losing weight. I plan to post here with what I've eaten everyday, my workout progress and just my general thoughts on my workout and meals. I am doing this online journal to help me stay focused on the task of losing weight. If you look on here and I haven't posted for a particular day please send me a comment to let me know about it. I am asking for feedback for everything that I will be posting here. Whether it is positive or negative, please provide me with feedback whenever you can. I hope that eventually this blog may be the inspiration that someone else needs to make a positive change in their life.
For those of you who don't know me, I will tell you a little about myself. I am 33 years old and work as a paramedic on an offshore oil drilling rig. I have always been a big guy and struggled with my weight. In high school I played football, wrestled and was also on the track team. In my high school years I was around 240-250lbs. I was in good shape from always being involved in some type of sport. After graduating high school I went to work on an ambulance. That is when I really started gaining weight. It has been downhill ever since. I am currently around 350 lbs. I have set the goal for myself to get down to 220 lbs. I'm not going to tie myself down with a timeframe of when I want to lose this 130lbs. I am going to do it slowly and healthy. I hope that everyone will check this blog often and provide me with feedback, support and criticism when it's needed. I am not going to weigh myself regularly, but I am going to let my body and the fit of my clothes tell me how I'm progressing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am so happy for you, I have actually been thinking about hitting the new gym over here in chicktown on the highway....and starting to drink water...walking around the block...just watching what I eat and making sure I don't eat to late....I myself am miserable with my weight and know that I have the strength and ability to still do something about it...I wish you the best of luck...and don't worry I'll be on here to track what your doing and update you on me!!! Hope all is well...much love brother :)

Mom said...

Hey son thats great!!!! Maybe it will get me motivated. I know Dad will be glad because we both worry about you.

Love you,
Mom-Mother-La-or whatever the occasion calls for.

Unknown said...

Chris,
Congrats on your decision and commitment to getting healthy. I have been training for the scenic city tri and Jason has been doing it with me. He has lost 8 pounds so far. It is hard to not be tempted but you can do it! We'll have to get you on a bike soon!! I'll be glad to shower some wisdom what little there is if you need
love ya
bri

Will said...

Dude, I am so glad to hear you have made this life changing decision. I know you really want to lose the weight; it shows in your willingness to put it all out there on this blog. I will be keeping track so don't be a slacker with this blog! LOL I know what you are going to be up against, I have to really fight my weight too. (You've seen my family!) I am FIFTY pounds more than when I hit the Marine Corps. Although some of that is muscle, I still have put on more than a few extra fat pounds. I am glad that I started really watching what I was eating about five years ago when I first started packing them on! I really wish you great success with your endevor!

Love ya Brother!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congrats man!

I feel your pain, I need to loose some excess pounds as well, been working on it for a few weeks now and my pants are starting to fit better. Stick to it and don't give up!

GOOD LUCK!!
Jason B

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, Chris. I tell myself every monday that i'm going to do my pilates dvd and I keep finding reasons not to. I am eating better, and eating alot of veggies. I'll keep on your butt and keep check on you and see how you are doing. You know if you need anything you can holler.

love ya
mb

pop said...

Congratulations on making this decision, it takes a lot of courage to put it out there for everyone to follow, but I would like to challenge you to weigh on a monthly basis and post that so we will know where you are, I really think it would help you to be accountable to all these wonderful friends and family that are pulling so hard for your success. You asked for suggestions good or bad so this is mine.
Son, I will be your most avid supporter, anything you need to help you succeed I will help you to get.
Love,
Pop